Assistant General Counsel - KPMG
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Assistant General Counsel, Commercial Contracting to join our firm’s Office of General Counsel organization.
- Responsible for drafting and negotiation of various contracts, including Master Services Agreements, engagement letters or statements of work with the Firm’s clients for various services, including audit, tax and advisory services
- Counseling on the legal issues associated with the implementation of negotiated contractual terms
- Coordinating with other departments and specialists regarding risk management, privacy, litigation, compliance, information security and technology development
- Minimum six years of commercial contracting experience at a leading law firm and/or in-house legal department
- J.D. or LL.M. from an accredited law school and licensed to practice law in New York or Washington, DC
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment
- Client-service orientation with the ability to create effective working relationships cross-functionally, including interfacing with internal and external stakeholders on legal and business matters
- Thought leadership and strategic thinking in sensitive and complex situations, and the highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG any employee, partner or contractor must be fully vaccinated or have a reasonable accommodation for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, or to work on or in association with a federal contract (unless prohibited by applicable law).