Senior Technology Attorney, Schrödinger, New York, NY
We are looking to hire a Senior Technology Transactions Attorney with robust leadership and management experience to join our team of over ten legal professionals in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
We are a rapidly growing, public life sciences company, with both a technology business and a drug discovery business. This role will report into our Chief Legal Officer and is based in our global headquarters in New York City.
Who will love this job:
- Business-minded and proactive legal leader who enjoys a fast-paced and complex business environment
- Collaborative trailblazer who values growth and development of team members
- Top-notch lawyer with deep experience negotiating and drafting complex technology transactions
- Team player who enjoys learning from legal and business colleagues
What you’ll do:
- Collaboratively lead and guide our commercial legal team of two experienced technology transactions attorneys professionals to support the technology business globally
- Establish and refine, alongside our legal team and business teams, policies, practices and approaches to a myriad of commercial relationships
- Draft and negotiate complex technology, vendor and other commercial transactions in support of the company’s technology business
- Support product development teams, including providing guidance on open source licensing
What you should have:
- Ten to fifteen years of broad-based experience with a variety of deal types in technology and product development
- Active membership in New York State bar
- Team player mindset with a desire to guide collaboratively
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Experience managing other attorneys strongly preferred
- Relevant experience in an in-house legal department required, with focus on the life sciences or healthcare industry preferred (science background is a plus, but not required)
- Excellent judgment, communication, collaboration, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in cross-functional teams to progress projects
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work streams simultaneously
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.